Are You Still Waiting?
Are you still waiting
where the last light fades,
for a woman to arrive
who looks like a dream
and like no one
you have ever known?
Do you still leave
a half-smile by the door,
and a little room along the road
for footsteps
that have not yet found their way to you?
I do not know
if it is me you have been waiting for.
But I know this:
somewhere in my heart,
a place for you
was never truly empty.
I used to believe
that time was carrying us farther
from everything we once were,
that some doors,
once closed,
were never meant to open again.
And then, somehow,
I returned
from a place I never thought
I would find my way back from.
When I opened my eyes,
life was standing before me
with another face.
I did not ask her,
“Why have you brought me back?”
I asked only,
“What is left for me?”
She answered without a word:
There is still light.
There are still souls
whose stories have not yet reached
their final page.
And among all the faces
that passed before my eyes,
yours found its way
into my heart—
as if it had always known
the road home.
Are you still waiting?
If you are,
then do not wait
for the woman I once was.
Wait for the soul
that has returned from the dark
quieter,
softer,
more grateful,
and finally able
to recognize the lightSa
when it finds her.
I cannot promise you forever.
I cannot promise
that the years have left us untouched.
I can promise only this:
when I come to you,
I will bring nothing
but my heart.
And if somewhere within yours
there is still an old place
that once belonged to me,
please...
leave it just as it is.
Because perhaps,
after all these years,
we were never really lost.
Perhaps we were only
taking the long way back
to one another.
Perhaps...
we were never waiting
in vain.

ليست هناك تعليقات:
إرسال تعليق